Barbeque pulled pork and garlic mashed cauliflower.
I've been 100% Paleo for the last week, and will be for a while. It's been great! This will not be a forever change, because occasional bread is life occasional bread is love... and it makes eating at restaurants a bit difficult... but this will change the way I approach my meals and desserts. It's nice knowing that I'm alright with replacing my standard high-carb and high-sugar foods with healthier options, without sacrificing taste. Also, it has been nice cooking more often, like I used to back in New York.
Pulled pork, deviled eggs, and (mashed 😅) potato salad this time around. I think this was literally the first time I ever prepped a dinner the night before.
Recipes thanks to:
Ree Drummond (@thepioneerwoman) - Pulled Pork
Mary Nolan (@chefmarynolan) - Classic Deviled Eggs
jewellkay (@allrecipes) - Old Fashioned Potato Salad [I kinda goofed this one up 😓. Stilled tasted great though 🤷🏻♂️]
Pulled pork is one of those set it and forget it #recipes. Really #easy and tastes great. - 2.5 - 5 lb #pork shoulder or #butt#roast
- 1 1/2 cups #BBQ sauce (maybe use some Memphis style BBQ sauce you found on some guys Instagram feed earlier?)
- 2 tsp #salt
- 1 tsp black #pepper
- 1 tsp #onionpowder
- 1 tsp #garlicpowder
- 1 can of #beer (your choice!) 1. Place roast in your #crockpot.
2. Sprinkle your #spices on top and lightly pat them into the meat.
3. Add your can of beer beside the meat (don't pour it over the meat or you'll rinse off the spices).
4. For 2.5 lb roast put it on low for 7 hours. For larger roasts you can do high for 1 hours and then low for 6 hours.
5. Remove pork from crock pot and discard all but enough beer to add a little flavor, roughly 1/4 cup.
6. Return the pork to the crock pot and shred with a fork.
7. Add your BBQ sauce and cook on low for another hour.
Serve on a #pretzelbun with #coleslaw, or however you prefer!