Pasta with homemade chunky cherry tomato sauce with cashew Parmesan 🍒🍅🍝
Pasta of choice (I used shell pasta)
For the sauce:
Punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 Tbsp of brown sugar
Pinch of Himalayan pink rock salt
2 tsp of dried basil
1 medium brown onion diced
2 minced garlic cloves
2tsp of tomato paste
For the cashew Parmesan:
1/2 cup of natural cashews
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
Pinch of salt.
1. Boil pasta as packet says
Heat oil in pan and add onion and cook for 6 minutes until translucent then add garlic and heat for 2 minutes until fragrant.
2. Slow cherry tomatoes in half and add them and brown sugar and dried basil, tomato paste and salt into the pot and cover and simmer on low heat.
3. When tomato become soft and it looks like a thick liquid is forming slightly squash them with a masher until chunky.
1. Put cashew nutritional yeast and salt in a blender until fine powder is formed (store in fridge for up to two weeks).
2. Serve everything together!